Detoxify and Reboot Your Body With a Natural Juice Fast

I have been pushing my body to the limit for days on end while working on a project for my new client. As usual, although I've been working at home for years, I go through periods of intense work schedules in which I'm up until 3 and living on caffeine and sugar.

I don't drink or do drugs, so food is my vice. Working out to me is the price I pay for eating well. After a few months of over doing my lifestyle, I begin to come down from the frantic levels as the project winds down. By this time my body is rebelling and seems to want nothing more than to lie down and stay down. My young boys and my wife love fast food and once a month we indulge our desire.

Detoxify

If you find that your lifestyle is as crazy as mine, you probably go through the same feelings of lethargy and depression after months living in the fast lane. I give my body a break by employing detoxification. Detoxing is a way to remove the pollutants ingested in the body as well as removing the pollutants created by the body.

Detoxification is about slowing down, resting, cleaning and giving the body and mind a break. By removing toxins, then feeding your body with healthy foods, hydrating and detoxifying can help protect you from illness and bring you back to original factory specs. It's like rebooting your computer.

Now I don't go in for the high colonics and those pills and potions you see on TV or those gross pictures of long black rubbery secretions from colon cleansing. My grandfather who was a physician had a very simple and basic method of detoxifying the body and mind. Here is his prescription for getting your body to reboot.

If you have the weekend off, start on Friday with a big salad for dinner. On Saturday, gather your fresh fruits and vegetables and begin juicing enough for the day. You'll be drinking between 32 and 64 ounces of juice per day during the fast.

Sip your juice throughout the day. Alternate with bottled or filtered water. Typical fruits and vegetables include celery, carrot, kale, cabbage, apple, pineapple, cranberry, spinach, beet, and greens. This collection of greens will be easy on your stomach and provide the vitamins and minerals you need for the three days.

It is important to drink filtered water; usually about a gallon throughout the day to give your liver and kidneys the opportunity to do their job effectively. I recommend a warm bath each day and if you can handle it, a daily enema. You won't need those high colonics or complicated irrigation systems for cleaning out your system. The idea is to allow your body to do what it does best.

People with diabetes, low blood sugar, eating disorders, kidney disease, liver disease, malnutrition, addictions, underweight, anemia, impaired immune function, infection, nutritional deficiency, low blood pressure, ulcerative colitis, cancer, terminal illness, epilepsy, or other chronic conditions shouldn't try a juice fast or should do so only under strict medical supervision.

The last but very important thing to consider when fasting is the proper rest needed for full reboot. Get as much sleep as you can and give your body and mind the much needed vacation from your hectic lifestyle. You'll be back to normal on Monday and ready to face the world again.

Detoxify and Reboot Your Body With a Natural Juice Fast

You can lose the fat and gain your strength and endurance if you follow these simple rules. Get my free manual on trimming the fat and feeling great and getting fit. Go to => http://www.fatburningworkoutafter40.com

Tags : How to balance Diet What is Pregnancy Guide To Herb